Thursday 13 May 2010

On air

This post is written somewhere above Ukraine, on an Airbus A330-200 cruising at 10660m above sea level , outside temperature -58oC with a speed of 884 kmh/hr! Pretty daunting environment out there but still, I’m comfy in my seat, have just eaten a nice dinner and because generally I like being awake when everyone is sleeping, I am writing some text for my (new) blog which I’m really excited about!

No no, I don’t travel on business class with wi-fi and such, I’m just writing the text now and I will post it as soon as I get access later on in Delhi or from Kathmandu tomorrow.

London is now well behind, left Heathrow T4 on a chilly rainy afternoon and, as forecasts say, will be arriving in Delhi on 38oC! Will stay for my connection for only 2-3 hrs and won’t be going out and about in the city. I have done the city’s sightseeing a year ago and this time I just want to arrive to Kathmandu as soon as possible! On top of this, Delhi is a really messy place with rickshaws, cars, bikes, bicycles, pedestrians, cows and anything you can imagine mixing up under the 40oC heat, believe me not so pleasant for people looking for peace! Ok Kathmandu is pretty similar but certainly less crowded and people are more peaceful and happier.

I will have an airport pick up tomorrow, the hotel I stay in www.tibetguesthouse.com offers a free airport pick up so that was handy! The guys from Learning Planet will be waiting for me, I bring them goods from England including Yorkshire Tea, iPhone headphones, battery chargers, DV cables and a hat (!) that it should not be folded (pain in the ass).

Anywayz, I can’t wait to land to Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu, go to Thamel (the area in KTM where most of westerners hanging around) and smell, feel the place. Photos are nice but being there is a hugely different experience! This time I will try to visit some places I didn’t do last year (Bodnath Stupa) before we embark for the village. KTM (and the hotel above) will be my base for the next couple of months. I’m all excited!!



All the best!


p.s already above Caucasus (Georgia)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bravo paizi mou xairomai polu telika pou kataferes k petakses giati me thn hfaisteiakh skonh eixa akousei diafora meta apo thn teleutaia fash pou mou to aneferes...oso gia tis foto bgale esu gia na blepoume emeis k as mhn einai to idio me thn pragmatikothta..:)))akou k ayto einai agaphmeno k taksidiariko san k esena!!!;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyR-FXJCLk&playnext_from=TL&videos=aaLenyvwLPA

na prosexeis!

filiaaa

Murmelina said...

Nice pics:)

You seem to be happy!

I add up on following your blog!
Kram Louise